NOW Accepting Applications for the 2022-2023
Leadership Wayne Program
2022-2023 LWC Program Application
Leadership Wayne is an educational and enrichment program with a goal to interact with a corps of leaders who are dedicated to the betterment of the community through service. Leadership Wayne is designed to assist emerging leaders as well as individuals who have demonstrated leadership potential. This is a great program that offers professional enhancement for you or your employees.
Program offers opportunities for professional enhancement in team building through:
- Participation in team building exercises at Opening Retreat
- Selection and Implementation of a community-based Class Project
- Selection and Implementation of Class Fundraiser
Program offers opportunities for enhancing your leadership skills through:
- Team Building exercises designed to help the participants implement the community-based Class Project
- Attendance at annual Leading Wayne Luncheon. Four community leaders speak on their lessons learned in leadership
- Monthly participation in team discussions on various leadership topics
- Participation in the Intentional Mentor Program
Program offers opportunities for Community Service & Volunteerism through:
- Class members must attend community board meetings
- Class members tour area businesses including non-profits organizations, which makes participants aware of the volunteer opportunities
- Class members must complete a class project which gives the class a chance to leave their mark on the community
Program offers networking opportunities through:
- Class members network with community leaders and area business owners
- Class members network with other class members forming lifetime contacts
- Class members network with Regents and other program volunteers
Program offers opportunities for members to become more familiar with the area by visiting area businesses as they relate to the following class days:
- Business, Industry & Agriculture Day
- Health Care Day
- Seymour Johnson AFB Day
- Community Services Day
- Education Day
- Law & Government Day
- History Day
- Arts & Leisure Day
Participation is open to individuals that live or work in Wayne County. The committee seeks representatives from a cross-section of the community – business, industry, education, government, community-based organizations, and minority groups.
Send the completed application back to the Chamber by the deadline of August 29, 2022 or submit it by August 15th to receive a $50 discount on the program. Contact Janet Brock at (919) 922-7406 or email email@example.com today if you are interested in participating or have questions.
WHAT is Leadership Wayne?
Leadership Wayne County is designed to create a corps of leaders dedicated to the betterment of the community through service. Participation is open to persons who are recognized as emerging leaders, as well as those persons demonstrating leadership potential.
Class meetings begin in September and continue once each month until graduation in May the following year. Each class meeting exposes members to various aspects of Wayne County.
In addition to the class days and required meetings, class members must work together to raise funds and complete a class project. This project is an important team-building exercise and gives the class a chance to leave their mark on the community. It must provide hands-on work for all class members, include tasks that all class members can complete together, be accessible and for the benefit of Wayne County citizens and must be sustainable.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Download the 2021-2022 Leadership Wayne Program Application or contact Janet Brock Today!